TNT Fireworks in West Virginia!

West Virginians are ready to light up the sky this Fourth of July, thanks to the passage of HB 2646, which allows citizens of the state to legally purchase and use consumer fireworks. Looking for some Independence Day fun? TNT Fireworks has more than 70 retail locations available in the Mountain State. 

Fireworks sales also benefit the community. More than 60 percent of TNT Fireworks retail locations in West Virginia will be run by volunteers from non-profits and civic groups who receive a percentage of the profits for their cause. In addition, 75 percent of the tax revenue generated from the sale of fireworks goes to support West Virginia’s veterans programs. The remaining 25 percent will be deposited in the Fire Protection Fund, which supports volunteer fire departments.

Customers in West Virginia can expect to find Sky Rockets and Bottle Rockets, Missile-Type Rockets,  Helicopter and Aerial Spinners, Roman Candles, Multi-Aerial Mine and Shell Devices, Aerial Shell Kits, Reloadables and Firecrackers at their local TNT Fireworks location.

The president of TNT Fireworks, Tony Glasgow, recommends that all users refer to the guidelines from the American Pyrotechnics Association when using fireworks, including the following tips:

• Never consume alcohol when using fireworks.

•  Never let children handle fireworks or sparklers.

•  Read and follow the directions on the labels. The vast majority of injuries result from the misuse of fireworks.

• Only buy legal fireworks from a licensed seller. An estimated 40 percent of fireworks-related injuries are caused by federally banned illegal explosives such as M-80s, Quartersticks and other homemade explosive devices.

•  Store fireworks in a cool, dry place, out of the reach of children and pets.

•  Never carry a firework in your pocket or hold a lit firework in your hand.

•  Never shoot fireworks from a metal or glass container.

•  Keep spectators at a safe distance.

•  Always wear safety glasses when igniting fireworks.

•  Don’t aim or throw fireworks at another person.

•  Never place any part of your body directly over a firework device – even when lighting.

•  Only use consumer fireworks away from homes, buildings and dry grass – on a flat, level, hard, fireproof surface, such as concrete, that is free from debris.

•  Have a working garden hose and/or bucket of water nearby in case of emergencies.

•  When finished, allow used fireworks to stand for at least 20 minutes, submerge in water, drain, place in a plastic bag and dispose outside in a covered trash container.

•  Light only one firework at a time.

•  Never approach or try to re-ignite a firework that doesn’t light the first time.

•  Protect your pets. Animals are often frightened by the sounds of fireworks. Protect your “best friends” by keeping them indoors, secure and away from the loud, sudden noises.

•  Always check with your local city and county governments as there may be certain areas where consumer fireworks are not permitted.

No items found.