TNT Fireworks in Iowa!
Great news for fireworks lovers!
TNT Fireworks will be available for the first time ever in the great state of Iowa!
New legislation passed by the state of Iowa will allow consumer fireworks to be sold in permanent buildings from June 1 through July 13, as well as December 10 through January 3 every year. During the Fourth of July holiday season, consumer fireworks may also be sold in temporary stands and tents from June 13 to July 8.
Tommy Glasgow, President of TNT Fireworks, says that TNT will begin selling fireworks and partnering with local nonprofits in Iowa starting June 1, 2017.
The new Iowa consumer fireworks laws allow for the sale and use of the following:
- Aerial Shell Kits and Reloadable Tubes
- Helicopter and Aerial Spinners
- Mine and Shell Devices
- Missile-Type Rockets
- Roman Candles
- Sky Rockets and Bottle Rockets
- Multiple Tube Devices
- Cone fountains
- Cylindrical fountains
- Flitter sparklers
- Ground and hand-held sparkling devices, including multiple tube ground and hand-held sparkling devices
- Ground spinners
- Illuminating torches
- Toy smoke devices that are not classified as novelties
- Wire or dipped sparklers that are not classified as novelties
“Whether it’s our nation’s independence or the beginning of a new year, consumer fireworks are an exciting addition to the options Iowans have for celebrating, but it’s always important to keep safety top of mind.” - Tommy Glasgow, President of TNT Fireworks.
We recommend using the following safety guidelines from the American Pyrotechnics Association:
- Always check with your local city and county governments as there may be certain locations or times where consumer fireworks are not permitted
- Only buy legal fireworks from a licensed seller
- Read and follow the directions on the labels
- NEVER give fireworks or sparklers to young children
- Always have a sober adult in charge
- Only use consumer fireworks away from homes, buildings and dry grass – on a flat, level, hard, fireproof surface, such as concrete, that is free from debris
- Have a working garden hose and/or bucket of water nearby in case of emergencies
- NEVER carry a firework in your pocket or hold a lit firework in your hand
- NEVER shoot fireworks from a metal or glass container
- Keep spectators at a safe distance
- Always wear safety glasses when igniting fireworks
- Don’t aim or throw fireworks at another person
- Never place any part of your body directly over a firework device – even when lighting
- Light only one firework at a time
- NEVER approach or try to re-ignite a firework that doesn’t light the first time
- When finished, allow used fireworks to stand for at least 20 minutes, submerge in water, drain, place in a plastic bag and dispose outside in a covered trash can
- PROTECT YOUR PETS! Animals are often frightened by the sounds of fireworks. Protect your “best friends” by keeping them indoors, secure and away from the loud, sudden noises
“From all of us at TNT, we are excited to be a part of very safe, happy and sparkling celebrations in Iowa.” - Tommy Glasgow, President of TNT Fireworks